Your STEM OPT visa has expired. What now?

Nov 2, 2022

Over one million international students enroll at US colleges and universities every year, with many of them hoping to build a life and career in the US after graduation.  Unfortunately, this is not the reality for many international students due to restrictive and challenging immigration laws.

To help international students and alumni better prepare for life after graduation in the US, we teamed up with Interstride, an organization dedicated to supporting international students, to publish a blog outlining the four options to consider when your STEM OPT visa is expiring. The options we explore are:

(1) Apply for an H-1B visa

(2) Enroll in a DAY 1 CPT program

(3) Return to your home country

(4) Relocate to a more welcoming country like Canada

Read the full blog here

More from our blog

Feb 23, 2023

MobSquad Founder & Executive Chair Irfhan Rawji wins the 2023 UBC Alumni Builder Award

Read more

Jan 8, 2023

How technology is redrawing the boundaries of the firm

Read more